Get Your Window
Tinting Done & Save

Car Window Tinting

Car Window Tint

At A1 Windscreens, we only use quality film that comes with a lifetime warranty. Beware of cheap imports as there are lots of low-grade films on the market which look ok once fitted but will not last very long.

Turning purple and bubbling is the main problem with low-quality films, they also have very little UV and heat resistance, which means you will have a hot car when left in the sun and damage to interior trims and possible sunburn for people inside.

What is legally termed as dark?

Front windows in line with the driver must have no less than 35% VLT, Windows rear of the driver must have no less than 20% VLT to comply with State Regulations. Commercial Vehicles and buses that carry goods have no minimum VLT requirement for the windows behind the driver’s seat.

Example: If the sunlight is at 100%, you can only block out 65% with your tint, leaving 35% Visible Light Transmittance entering the cabin. Vic Roads enforces a 35% VLT (the combined total of the glass and film) on all windows, excluding the Front Windscreen, which should not be tinted. Therefore, a window tinted below a VLT of 35% will render your vehicle unroadworthy.

Car TintMake sure your window film is of good quality and has these specs, Visible light Transmittance 35% which means the windows are tinted dark as legal so as not to affect your driving at night and keeping your car roadworthy, Total Solar Energy Rejected 53% this is the amount of heat stopped from entering through your glass to inside the car, Reflectivity 6% this means the glass when tinted does not look like a mirror, making it easy to see through.

UV Rejected 99% means total protection for you and your family from the sun’s burning rays, and last but not least, a lifetime warranty.

At A1 Windscreens, we make it easy for you to have your pride and joy tinted at one of our workshops in Hallam or Pakenham, local pick up and drop off can be arranged.

So don’t waste your hard-earned money on cheap films, let us install the right film for your car which will last the distance, and look good for years to come. All our work is guaranteed.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q. Is tinting car windows legal?

    Yes, it is legal to tint your car windows as long as the film's darkness agrees with the lawfully required darkness limit.

  • Q. How much does car window tinting cost?

    The cost of tinting your car's window varies, depending upon the film you choose, as well as the make and model of your vehicle. However, at A1 Windscreen, we provide a variety of affordable and premium tints to suit your requirements.

  • Q. How long does this process take?

    The duration of the process depends upon the type of car you wish to tint- a sedan would require 2 hours, while an SUV might need 3 hours for completion. However, keep in mind that if there is an existing film on the car, it might require more time since the removal of the present film is essential before the service.

  • Q. Do your films come with a lifetime warranty?

    Yes, we provide a variety of films with a manufacturer's lifetime warranty against delamination, peeling, bubbling, demetalising, and crazing.

  • Q. Do you come to me, or do we bring the car to you?

    At A1 Windscreen, you can arrange for a local pick up and drop. Our workshop is spacious, clean, and fully equipped with all the necessities.

Client Testimonial


At Hallam Truck Centre, most of the Kenworth, DAF, and Fuso trucks we deliver to customers have their windows tinted for heat and UV rejection before delivery; to do this, we gladly use A1 Windscreens. As their workshop is close by and large enough to fit our large trucks, our workshop is conveniently left clear for our own work. The work of A1 Windscreens is of a high standard and is always supplied on time, even in accommodating the occasional emergency tint job.

It is a pleasure to work with Justin and his team as they are always professional, and resolve any issues quickly and with no fuss. Hallam Truck Centre and A1 Windscreens have formed a great business relationship, so when it comes to window film and glass repairs, we confidently recommend them to anyone looking for quality work that is completed on time and in a professional manner.

- Belinda Campbell - Sales Coordinator, Hallam Truck Centre.



  • Family-owned, owner-operated business
  • Customer-First approach
  • Quality workmanship
  • 30 years experience
  • "Fast Glass" service
  • After-hours service available
  • Seniors card available
  • Affordable Pricing